Tattoo Removal Aftercare
Follow These Steps
All Fresh Start Laser Tattoo Removal Clinic patients are highly encouraged to follow proper aftercare instructions to help prevent any infection or unwanted side effects from developing. Our expert laser technicians can deliver safe and effective treatments with the best technology, but you will not generate beautiful results without doing your part to take care of your skin after each treatment. As long as the following aftercare tips are implemented, your skin will heal flawlessly. If you experience any unusual discomfort or experience any abnormal side effects, please contact our office immediately.
- Keep the treated area dry and clean during the healing process. Cleanse the area gently with soap and water, then pat to dry. Apply antibiotic ointment to the treatment site and cover with a sterile bandage. Repeat this step three days following a treatment.
- Avoid meddling with any blisters or scabs that form. Doing so can lead to infection and increase your chances of permanent, unwanted damage to the skin. Although they look unsightly, scabs and blisters are very common side effects and are signs that your body is healing the tattoo and removing the ink from your skin. Blisters and scabs will naturally pop or fall off on their own over time. When this occurs, apply an antibiotic ointment and sterile bandage onto the area after 24 hours have passed.
- Avoid hot tubs, pools, or any large bodies of water that may result in the soaking the treatment site. Showers may be taken as long as the treatment site is not directly under high-pressure water. We suggest avoiding any water soaking activities until all blisters and scabs are healed.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning. Sun exposure can increase the risk of pigmentation changes or discoloration of the skin. Where appropriate clothing and apply sunblock (SPF 25 or higher) to the treatment site once the area has completely healed.
- Apply a moisturizer or ointment to alleviate any itchiness. We recommend using Neosporin, Aquaphor, or Vitamin E cream.
- If you experience any discomfort or inflammation, take Tylenol. Avoid taking Aspirin as it can increase chances of bleeding and bruising.